Instagram

Instagram

Monday, June 23, 2014

potato printing and an update

Hello! I though this space was overdue for a blog post and update. Helen has gone back to work and I have been running solo with Idlewild for the past 6 months or so. The two of us are trying to figure out how we can both fit a bit of dyeing, printing and making into our chaotic lives. So bear with us as we attempt to fill what little spare time we have with our passion for fibre and dye. 

I managed to snap a few photos the other day while I was printing up a few garments. I thought it would be fun to share these. I use Permatone water-based textile inks. I buy mine in big 1 litre tubs but Gordon Harris carries smaller tubs of inks in a variety of different colours. I'm hoping to get a few tutorials up on the blog over the next few months and I am currently learning how to digitise my patterns into PDFs so that I can put some up for people to access. 

A few other posts will be going up in this space as a way of sharing different interests of mine. So when you see something up here, for the time being it is Miss Bonnie posting. Feel free to subscribe so you get an email when I post something. 







No comments:

Post a Comment